I don’t know about you, but I’m still excited by snow days! I find delight in pulling back the window and seeing a world of fresh snow. I love the silence of the usually busy side road. I love the rush of the crowded grocery store (weird, I know). All of it! Maybe it’s because it reminds me so much of Christmas…
Anyway, snow days usually mean my fiancé stays home too. I work from home right now, but all my focus goes out the window when he’s home. In the past, I’d spend the day anxious and restless and filled with cabin-fever rage. Now, with some more peace in my life, I’m excited by the stretch of a long day with no expectations.
I wanted to make a list of fun things I’ve done and want to do this winter. So, I’ve compiled a list of 30 snow day activities for adults that don’t suck! Here it is:
- Bake. I like to go through my cabinets and see if there’s anything that’s nearing it’s expiration date and go from there.
- Complete that task you’ve been avoiding. You know, that closet you keep saying you’ll clean out or that abandoned junk drawer.
- Write someone a letter. On paper! Crazy concept, but it will feel more authentic and meaningful.
- Write a gratitude list! Here, I’ll start you off: heat, power, shelter…
- Start a blog! Or, write a blog post!
- Create a vision board for the next year.
- Create a Pinterest board for summer!
- Plan a vacation, even if you don’t plan on actually taking it. Only requirement? No snow.
- Wash ALL the bedding.
- Sell some of your clothes! I use Poshmark and eBay.
- Review your calendar for the next month and see if any changes need to be made. Go over it with your partner, if you have one.
- Make a spring cleaning checklist.
- Clean. As much or as little as desired.
- Collect all the coins in your house and put them in different jars for different savings.
- Shovel for a neighbor!
- Make a meal plan list.
- Organize your cabinets.
- Take a bath with essential oils.
- Write down where you want to be on this day, next year.
- Make a restaurant list. “There’s nowhere I want to eat” is a common one-liner of mine. I keep an extensive list so I can bust this lie!
- Research local politicians.
- Make a bucket list!
- Take a walk in the snow. Bonus points if you have snow shoes.
- Rearrange a room – this can be so refreshing!
- DIY spa day, anyone?
- Research a different religion – educate yourself.
- Practice an indoor exercise like yoga (or just stretch).
- Plan a party!
- Try and build an igloo. Always wanted to build one, always too scared to try.
- Add 30 things to this list!
There it is! I’ve done four of these today and now I need a nap.
How do you like to spend your snow days?