As the weather warms up and flowers start to bloom, it’s the perfect time to welcome a new baby into the world. If you’re looking for a special gift for a spring baby, there are plenty of options to choose from. From cute and practical clothing to toys and accessories that celebrate the season, there are so many ways to help the new arrival feel loved and cherished.
In this post, we’ll share some of our favorite spring-themed gift ideas for newborn babies. Whether you’re a new parent, grandparent, or friend, we hope these ideas will inspire you to find the perfect gift for the special little one in your life.
This post contains affiliate links. This means that I may make a small commission off of products that are purchased through these links, at no cost to you. You can read more about this process here.
When does Spring 2023 start?
Spring 2023 starts on March 20, 2023.
When is Easter 2023?
Easter Sunday in 2023 is on April 9th.
When are spring babies conceived?
Spring babies are typically conceived in the summer, usually between June and August. This is because it takes about 38 weeks (or 266 days) for a baby to develop from conception to birth, and spring begins in March. So, if you do the math, you’ll see that a baby conceived in the summer will likely be born in the spring.
Of course, every pregnancy is different and there are many factors that can impact a baby’s due date, but this is generally the timeframe for spring babies. Whether you’re planning to start a family or you’re just curious, it can be fun to learn about the timing of different seasons and how they relate to the miracle of new life.
I always say that one of the biggest benefits of spring/summer babies is outdoor birthday parties!
Symbols of Spring
Spring symbols include flowers such as daffodils, tulips, hyacinths, and cherry blossoms, which are associated with renewal and bring joy after the cold winter. Easter, celebrated in late March or early April, is a key symbol of spring and is associated with new beginnings, renewal, and rebirth.
Animals, such as birds building nests and baby rabbits, chicks, and lambs being born, are also symbols of new life and growth, and can bring wonder and joy to people of all ages.
Spring Gifts for Babies
Visiting a Newborn Baby
Visiting a newborn baby can be a wonderful way to show support and love to the new parents, but it’s important to be mindful of the baby’s needs and the parents’ wishes. Here are some general guidelines to keep in mind:
- Wait until the baby is at least two weeks old: In the first two weeks of a baby’s life, they are still adjusting to their new environment and building their immune system. It’s generally best to wait until the baby is at least two weeks old before visiting to reduce the risk of infection.
- Check in with the parents: Before planning a visit, it’s a good idea to check in with the parents to see when would be a good time. They may have specific times of day when the baby is more settled, or they may need some time to adjust to their new routine.
- Keep visits short: Newborn babies need a lot of rest, and the parents may be exhausted as well. It’s best to keep visits short, usually no more than an hour or two.
- Be mindful of hygiene: Newborn babies are more susceptible to germs, so it’s important to be mindful of hygiene when visiting. Wash your hands before holding the baby, and avoid visiting if you are feeling unwell.
- Respect the parents’ wishes: Every family is different, and the parents may have their own preferences for visitors. Be sure to respect their wishes, and don’t take it personally if they ask for some space or privacy.
Remember, the most important thing is to show support and love for the new parents and their little one. By being mindful and respectful, you can help make the transition to parenthood a little easier.
So there you have it, folks! Spring is a wonderful time to welcome a new baby into the world, and there are plenty of unique and thoughtful gifts to choose from. From adorable onesies and soft blankets to practical items like pacifiers and baby monitors, you can’t go wrong with any of these spring-themed gifts.
Whether you’re a parent-to-be, a grandparent, or simply a friend or family member of someone who’s expecting, giving a thoughtful gift from this list can make all the difference. I know I loved receiving high quality, sentimental gifts from loved ones. So go ahead and spread some joy this spring with one of these perfect gifts for newborn babies!
Nothing is more exciting than a new baby! I hope all these gifts give you some inspiration for the newborn in your life.
Are you a spring baby? Let me know below!
- SURVIVING SLEEP DEPRIVATION AS A STAY-AT-HOME MOM
- 101 MOTHERHOOD AND LIFESTYLE BLOG POST IDEAS
- HOW TO SURVIVE YOUR TODDLER’S BLOOD TEST
- A DAY TRIP TO CROTON-ON-HUDSON
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN GUEST POSTING ON LEAF AND STEEL, PLEASE CHECK OUT OUR GUEST POST PAGE FOR GUIDELINES!