I can smell the turkey and stuffing already! Thanksgiving is just a few short weeks away and I can’t wait to celebrate with my baby!
Some blog posts may use affiliate links. This means that I may make a small commission off of products that are purchased through these links, at no cost to you.
Last Thanksgiving she was just a blob of a newborn and I was in the nightmarish haze of first time motherhood. This year, she’s rocking and rolling and ready for her cranberry sauce.
I want to be honest with my daughter about Thanksgiving; how it wasn’t this cutesy dinner where pilgrims and Native Americans sat down peacefully and had dinner. I want to teach her about America’s honest history, even though it isn’t pretty.
These days, Thanksgiving is more about getting family together and enjoying a comforting meal. I know my daughter will love being able to sit at the table and smashing her hands in some potatoes.
To help get her ready for turkey day were looking into Thanksgiving books.
Here are the best Thanksgiving books for infants and toddlers!
1. Happy Thanksgiving, Biscuit! by Alyssa Satin Capucilli
2. Llama Llama Gives Thanks by Anna Dewdney
3. The Thanksgiving Story by Alice Dalgliesh
4. Porcupine’s Pie by Laura Renauld
5. The Very First Americans Cara Ashrose
6. I Am Thankful by Sheri Wall
7. A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving by Charles Schulz
8. Bear Says Thanks by Karma Wilson
9. Thanksgiving in the Woods by Phyllis Alsdurf
10. There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Turkey by Lucille Colandro
Does your little one have a favorite holiday?
What will you teach your child about Thanksgiving?
Let me know below!
Leave a Reply