1. “Anyone can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a dad, and that’s why I call you dad, because you are so special to me.” – Wade Boggs
2. “I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father’s protection.” – Sigmund Freud
3. “[Man adopts] a role called Being a Father so that his child would have something mythical and infinitely important: a Protector, who would keep a lid on all the chaotic and catastrophic possibilities of life.” – John Green
4. “What makes you a man is not the ability to have a child — it’s the courage to raise one.” – Barack Obama
5. “Dads are most ordinary men turned by love into heroes, adventurers, story-tellers, and singers of song.” –Pam Brown
6. “My father didn’t tell me how to live. He lived and let me watch him do it.” –Clarence Budington Kelland
7. “A good father is one of the most unsung, unpraised, unnoticed, and yet one of the most valuable assets in our society.” – Billy Graham
8. “No man can possibly know what life means, what the world means, until he has a child and loves it. And then the whole universe changes and nothing will ever again seem exactly as it seemed before.” Lafcadio Hearn
9. “My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me.” – Jim Valvano
“The greatest mark of a father is how he treats his children when no one is looking.” – Dan Pearce
Reblogged this on Craig's Blogs and commented:
I love that list of 10.
Greetings from Spain!