My Wedding Registry: 1 Hack and 5 Must Have Items!
Happy Sunday! As the wedding planning comes along I’ve started to make an Amazon registry. We’re going to register at Target and probably Crate & Barrel, too. I know weddings aren’t about the gifts, but there are some items I’m excited to get.
Let me start of by saying that B and I moved in together in May of 2015. We moved into a brand new house, which meant that there was not one spoon, pillow, or sponge in the whole place. I never realized how much work, money and time goes into finding all the gadgets and tools in a house. Next time you open up a drawer in your kitchen, take a moment and evaluate how much is actually in there. I am forever grateful for Bed, Bath, and Beyond coupons, flash sales and grandparents eager to spoil us.
When we first moved in, we kept saying we would throw a house warming party (spoiler-alert: this never happened). I was 20 years old and had never lived away from my parents, so just doing my laundry and using the oven was enough of a stressor. I wasn’t going to burden myself with throwing a party. So, we’ve collected things as we’ve need them. I would say 50% of the things we’ve needed I’ve put off until this point.
Here is a tip for figuring out what you need on a registry:
- Create a category list: bathroom, kitchen, outdoor, etc.
- Write down what you definitely want: I made this list from Pinterest and off the top of my head. Leave extra blank spaces
- Hang it up somewhere convenient: I hung it up on my refrigerator. Now when I’m cooking and realize that I need a knife sharpener, I just go over to the fridge and write it down. This means I’ll be writing down what I actually need and know I’ll use.
- Ask around: I’ve been asking everyone I meet what they recommend putting on their registry and what is taking up space in their closet.
I’ve already added SO many things on my registry list thanks to this!
I’m super excited for these items below! Even if I don’t receive them for the wedding, I’ll most likely purchase them myself.
- The KitchenAid Tilt-Head Stand Mixer! Okay, here it is. The quintessential kitchen tool that says “yes, you’ve made it” in domestic terms. I don’t know if it works well. I don’t know if I’ll use it. I’ve had my eye on this one for 3 years though, so, it’s on the list. Have you tried it? Let me know if it isn’t a must-have.
- Soda Stream, $99.99 on Amazon. My fiancé and I drink a whole lot of seltzer every day, so this one just makes sense. I’m excited to put strawberries in it and mix it with cranberry juice!
3.Victoria Antique Gold 12 Inch Metal Cake Stand, $39.98 on Amazon. I love this cake stand! It’s elegant and detailed yet not too feminine. I don’t want it – I need it.
4. Rustic Torched Barnwood Tissue Box Cover, $22.50 on Amazon. Okay, a little extra, but it matches the house theme.
5. Nopro Grip-EZ 4 Quart Melamine Batter Bowl, $18.95 on Amazon. I mentioned this in my Christmas gift giving guide (you can read it here). I gave one to my mom and one to my sister. I regret not buying one for myself, especially after making three cakes for Christmas.
So, there it is, the 5 things I want the most! Other items, like plates and bedding will be coming up in a Target registry post.
What do you wish you put on your wedding registry? Any regrets or suggestions? All input is greatly appreciated.