Baby M and I needed a quick, yet decadent breakfast to celebrate the end of the heat wave this summer. We tried this delicious oatmeal cake with sliced fruit and whipped cream drizzle and were not disappointed!
2 cups oatmeal
1.5-2 ripe or slightly-browning bananas
2 tsp vanilla
Whipped Cream Drizzle:
1 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 300
2. Mash oatmeal and bananas in a bowl
3. Add in vanilla
4. Place a slip of parchment paper onto a baking sheet
5. Pour the mixture onto the parchment paper and form into a patty
6. Bake at 300 for 15 minutes
7. Whisk together heavy cream and sugar
8. Slice fruit
9. Once the oatmeal base has cooled, assemble your slice however you’d like!
What’s your go-to breakfast?
Let me know below!
- How to Take Care of Your Baby When You’re Sick
- Little Things I Do To Make my Baby Feel Loved
- My Baby Knows What She Needs
- How to Keep Your Toddler Cool in the Summer
- Gift Guide for the Tired Mama in Your Life
- The Runaway Bunny Inspired Nursery
If you are interested in guest posting on Leaf and Steel, please check out our Guest Post page for guidelines!
Leave a Reply