Goodbye March! You were insane.
March was a crazy month.
This post contains affiliate links. This means that I may make a small commission off of products that are purchased through these links, at no cost to you. You can read more about this process here.
I got a Vizsla puppy! I feel like I have two toddlers. He is full of energy and curiosity.
- This puppy is killing me. We paid for a Vizsla and got a piranha. This dog BITES. He is constantly nipping. We redirect with toys, yelp loudly, do time outs- you name it, we’ve tried it. This wackadoo just wants human flesh. Also, there’s nothing like living on a 20 minute timer to make sure he doesn’t have an accident in the house. He’s lucky he’s so cute.
- I usually feel better this time of year. This year, I don’t. And I think sleep is the answer! This is typically the time of year when I feel “lighter” and “happier”. I think the sleep deprivation from the puppy and baby is preventing this! Hoping to feel “spring-ier” soon!
- I started an Instagram. I know, I know, I was all about kicking Instagram earlier in the year. I still am, for my own personal account. I did start an official Leaf and Steel account that is just centered around this blog! I had been putting it off for awhile.
- The dog is learning a few commands. Let me tell you, “leave it” is the most underrated command. “Sit” isn’t really that helpful. “Paw” is adorable. We are working so hard at training, and I think he’s starting to get the hang of it.
- Calendar. I finally got a calendar for my fridge. Now, coordinating child care and dinner is so much simpler! My husband and I both know what nights we need to be out or keep free. I can’t believe I’ve managed to stay married for 3+ years without a shared calendar. It even has a little notes section so I can list things we need to talk about. Not bad for under $10!
- Creative writing. I desperately want to set aside some time to do more creative writing. My goal is to participate in a Reedsy prompt competition this month. I have a lot of stories in my drafts that could use some attention!
- Build up the blog. I mean, this has been my goal for the past 5-6 years, right? I have some posts planned that I’m pretty excited about. I hope I can get back to posting a few times a week!
How was your March?
Did you check anything big off your list? Learn anything new?
What are your hopes for April?
Let me know below!