Can you believe that February is over? I know, I know, it’s the shortest month, of course it went by fast. Maybe it’s the whole getting older thing, but time really does seem to be flying by.
We have almost made it to spring! I can’t wait until the birds start chirping and I can bring Baby M out onto the lawn to explore. We’ve had a few 60 degree days here, so I feel like I missed out on winter. I love the promise of March. It’s never quite “spring”, but we do get a few teases here and there.
So long, February.
Here’s a wrap up of my month.
- I fell off of the early morning train. Oh, how I’m looking for the willingness to be willing to wake up at 5:30am again. I miss my quiet mornings!
- I didn’t write as much as I wanted to. I would love to say that this is a direct result of missing my early morning writing window, but the truth is that I have numerous pockets of free time during the day. Writing consistently was a habit. Like most habits, once I stopped for a week it was difficult to get back into it. Restarting now!
- I’m continuing my Instagram break. It really does feel pointless once you step away. I check now and again, but I’m not interested in posting anything or seeing what’s going on in the lives of peers I haven’t spoken to in 10 years. Pass.
- I read a book. I stuck with my girl Liane Moriarty and read The Husband’s Secret. Highly recommend if you like mysteries stuck in suburbia.
- I lost weight. I started using My Fitness Pal and was in shock to see how many calories I needed (like, double the amount my body needs, triple on the weekends). By simply making better choices, my pre-pregnancy pants began to fit!
- I went into puppy prep mode. I feel like I’m having a baby! All month I’ve been getting ready for our little guy’s arrival. We have the huge crate, the harness, the Chuck It, etc. Knowing that we’re pretty much going to have another toddler running around here has given me motivation to wrap up some home projects that I may have started when I was pregnant (like, 2 years ago…).
- Survival mode. Freezer meals, takeout, paper plates, babysitters, and Netflix. That’s my March plan. House training a puppy is pretty close to breastfeeding. Let me tell you, I am not looking forward to dragging myself out of bed every 3 hours to wander into the depths of my dark backyard with a puppy. At least with the baby, I never had to leave my warm room or put on pants…
- Turn the lights off. I want to get into the habit of turning out the light when I leave a room. I also want to be more conscious of how many lights I keep on when I leave the house.
How was your February?
Did you check anything big off your list? Learn anything new?
What are your hopes for March?
Let me know below!