What a month! January flew by. I wish I knew how to slow down time. There’s so much I want to do and so much I want to be. And so much that gets in the way.
Here’s a little wrap of the month!
- I did NOT prioritize self-care. And it bit me in the you-know-what. By January 30th I realized that I had left my daughter a whopping 4 times that month, one of those times was just to run down the road to pick up takeout. I began to feel all the effects of burnout: I was tired but couldn’t sleep, irritability, weepiness, forgetfulness…you know the deal. Taking time away from my daughter the first week of February has renewed my spiritual peace and refreshed my patience level.
- We all got sick. After 7 tests between the 3 of us, we apparently did not have the ‘vid. We all got some nasty virus and it took 3 months to move through the house.
- I took an Instagram break. I stayed off Instagram for the month of January and oh my goodness it was so hard at first, it was mind-boggling. I had no idea I was so (dare I say it) addicted to the app. After a few days I stopped reaching for my phone to check it or post a picture of my daughter. I saved hours of my time in January by not having Instagram. Now, I can only access it on my computer, and I’m considering staying off for the rest of the year.
- I read two books. I don’t read, so this was a big deal for me. I read Nine Perfect Strangers and What Alice forgot, both by Liane Moriarty. Not exactly thought provoking stuff, but I will say that Moriarty knows how to keep the story going. I found myself staying up way past my bedtime to read.
- We are getting a puppy! That’s the big news! We are getting a Vizsla puppy in March and I am so nervous and excited! I know it’s insane to have a toddler and a baby, so please start praying for me now.
- Make time for reselling. I have a big pile of items I need to list on eBay!
- Prioritize my health. This month, I want to stay consistent in healthy routines, including drinking more water, sticking with my yoga, and starting up intermittent fasting again.
- Be present for my daughter. I need to put my phone away!
How was your January?
What are you goals for February?
Let me know below!
Oy, I’m having the phone problem too. I was so good about it until I got pregnant and now I’m tired and lazy and on it way too much. It’s a struggle and I think I could also benefit from a social media break. Congrats on the new puppy! That’s exciting!