It’s the most wonderful time of the year!
Break out the garlands and pine scented candles – Christmas time is here!
The holidays always seem to slip by. At the end of every Christmas season I promise myself that I’m going to do more next year, and that never seems to happen.
I always seem to regret missing out on holiday traditions because I get so caught up in the shopping, wrapping, cooking, cleaning, working, etc. There never seems to be enough time.
Well, this year, I made sure I got the majority of my shopping done before December 1st, and planned my grocery lists ahead of time. I don’t want to be inundated with the mundane time-suckers like waiting on line and making lists.
This leaves me with more time to do the things I want to do this Christmas season.
I’ve made a list of them and I’ve checked it twice – let me know if there’s anything you’d add!
- See the Holiday Lights Show at Jones Beach. This is the best one on Long Island, but they have them all over the country.
- Bake holiday cookies.
- Watch a Christmas movie. My favorites are Elf and It’s a Wonderful Life.
- Send out Christmas cards. We will send out more formal photo ones when we have kids. This year we sent out these woodland Christmas animal cards that are just as festive!
- Decorate a ginger bread house.
- Create the perfect holiday playlist.
- Drive around and look at the lights.
- Get a real Christmas tree.
- Drink a fancy Christmas themed Starbucks latte.
- Random acts of kindness.
What do you look most forward to during Christmas time?