I recently met with a pastor to go over arrangements for my upcoming wedding ceremony. He won’t be doing the ceremony as he is new and I don’t have the same relationship that I do with another pastor at the church. We met up so he could get to know a little bit about me before officially putting my name on the calendar. He asked me a very simple question, “tell me about yourself”. I was almost at a loss. I pulled some things together, but it made me think…
So, thought it’d be cool to take the prompt of “10 Things About Me” and post it here.
- I was born in California, right outside of San Francisco! I moved to NY when I was 4.
- I have never broken a bone. And I don’t plan on ever breaking one! Must be the milk…
- …and I’ve never been pulled over. I’ve been driving for 5 years. I have my fingers crossed.
- I can’t eat food that’s been sitting under flowers. This is one of the leftover nuances from my eating disorder. I just can’t. You will never find flowers on my kitchen table.
- I love, love, love reselling clothes. This is my main source of income right now. I resell clothes on an app called Poshmark and sometimes on eBay. I adore it. I get a rush of shopping, selling and turning over inventory.
- Swinging is my meditation. No, not that kind of swinging. My fiancé made me a wooden swing on a huge oak in the back yard. Something about the motion and being in nature aids my meditation journey.
- I’m scared I’m going to run out of time. I’m only 24, but I’m terrified of having regrets or wasting time.
- Good cups of coffee have gotten me through the past 10 years of life.
- I never finished college. Scratch that – I never finished a semester of college. The community that I grew up in places high value on where you go to school. Everyone except for one girl in my high school’s graduating class went on to college. Some of us dropped out or came home or left. I left a few weeks into my freshmen year, tried again a year later, and left again. It’s something that I’ve accepted and I’m loving the scenic route.
- If I could have any job in the world it would be to help people. In any capacity. I’ll keep this one nice and broad.
So, there you have it! 10 Facts about me. What’s a random or interesting fact about you?